Saturday, November 25, 2006

Won't You Be My Baby?

So, part of the fallout of starting a band that is destined to go somewhere (in my humble opinion) is that I have started to take a really serious look at the kind of equipment I'm using. Thanks to my patron saint of Bass-Playing (Mike P -- you know I love you man), I have a beautiful Fender American Deluxe V (5-String) Jazz Bass. It sounds great, but isn't really built for cutting through a heavy-rock mix, for whatever reason. Not that it isn't workable.. it most definately is, but I've been really thinking about eventually getting something that is really built for the style of music we're playing.
After having done a little research into what my sort of iconic hard-rock bass players, I have found my new axe -- ala Jon Cooper of Skillet. The Traben Phoenix Custo, 5-String. They sound great, look great, and aren't very expensive, compared to other instruments of their calibre. Check 'er out..





Yeah baby!

1 comment:

~WandererShe~ said...

But can it make your dinner?

*whimper*