Sunday, March 20, 2005

Rude Awakening

So tomorrow, Me and Lisa's stint of housesitting for my mom and co. comes to an end. We will be picking them up from the airport at 11:05pm tomorrow night (actually I just realized its 1:14 am, which means it is actually tonight). By my calculations this puts me and Lisa officially being back in our own place in approximately 23 hours or so.

Originally I was looking forward to getting back to our place in the "country", however I have to admit that I've become rather attached to things like cable TV and heat over the last two weeks. We brought most of our stuff (including the cat) back to the house today in preparation for our arrival and it was then that the realization came crashing down upon me that our place is fricking freezing! Our oil furnace seems to have lost about 3/4 of its fuel efficiency as well as developing a leak at some point - the result is that we ran out of heating oil on the day we came over to my mom's. So basically its really cold. In anticipation of moving back in, we bought a plug-in oil radiator heater from Crappy Tire because we were told by one of their employees that it would be okay to leave it on all the time, even when we aren't there. We thought this would be a great alternative to using the furnace.. until we got the thing home and read a passage in the instruction manual that says "Never leave heater unattended when in use." So much for that plan I guess.

I would almost be tempted to buy another half tank of oil, but since the last half we bought was gone in under one month it just doesn't seem worth it. My kingdom for an electric furnace.. or even baseboard heaters! Somehow I doubt our landlords are gonna spring for that.

Anyway, we prayed for God to heat the house somehow, so I guess we'll see. I'll let all of you (up to three viewers now, I think!) know what happens!

On a slightly different note, I would like to mention how much I appreciate Lisa taking the time to organize my music for worship almost every week! Thanks sweetie pie! Love you!

2 comments:

~WandererShe~ said...

Oh!
But the singing!!
How about that singing as I search for the songs ?
Gee isn't that just so entertaining!?

Anonymous said...

It has been said (to quote scripture)... "He who finds a wife... finds a GOOD thing!"