Saturday, July 22, 2006

Camp Journal : Day One (Part 1)

It has been an interesting day, and not just the Camp part either. The day started much as I would have thought it would - waking up at home and giving Lisa a quick ride to work. I lounged around for awhile and packed and then went to have lunch with Lisa on her break, and took the dog. While we were having lunch this cute little black lab puppy (maybe about a year old) comes wandering down the street, minus owner. I thought she had been with someone but then the guy just ditched her and she was wandering around downtown Sidney all confused.

So, long story short, after we realized that her owner was not coming for her, Lisa and I decided we would bring her to our house until someone claimed her. Poor thing - Baron doesn't seem to like her much, although I think being that was leashed to the table and unable to move anywhere he was feeling defensive, and at one point he bit her on the nose, and gave her a little war wound, that doesn't seem too serious. When I left for camp, little 'India' as I have dubbed her, was tied up in our backyard in the shade, with some water. Sweet little thing.. I kinda hope nobody claims her, if I'm being honest.

So anyway, the ride up to camp was pretty well what one would expect in a van with windows that don't really work and no A/C. I was informed on the way up that apparently there was going to be no bedding - we were supposed to bring our own. Apparently I missed that memo, funny that no one mentioned it both times the camp staff met. Anyway, I ended up stopping off at a Wal-Mart in Duncan and bought a cheap sheet, blanket and pillow as well as a towel, which was another thing I had been assuming they would have. So yeah, anyway it should all work out now.

As I was saying, the van ride was, shall we say warm, but not as bad as could have been expected, despite the fact that today was one hell of a scorcher. 34 degrees or something crazy like that. Once we got here it got better though, however the temperature in my room seems like it may be prohibitive in regards to sleeping. We'll see.

If you see a post on here at 2Am you'll know there's a problem. Much to my delight, however, I've discovered that there is wireless internet here, so I'll be able to keep in touch when I'm not playing bass, manning the lake-swing thing, or performing any of the other various duties given to the music team. Also, I should get a fair amount of time to do some writing, which is why I brought the laptop up here to begin with.

Speaking of fun, I just got back from having a dip in the lak which, after the van ride, equipment setup and just generally overbearing heat up here, was a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Well, that's about it for now, I may post again later.. as if anyone even reads this anymore :/

2 comments:

~WandererShe~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~WandererShe~ said...

I read it baby! I will be praying for you that you are well rested while youa re up there blessing the kids and having fun :-D