Sunday, July 23, 2006

Camp Journal : Day Two (Part 2)

Heat Status: Hot as... well, hot anyway.

Finger Status: Tentative, starting to hurt, small blisters forming.

Fun Status: Good!

So yeah, today is just about over.. gotta be in bed with lights out at about 11:00pm. I really hope its a little cooler in there tonight because last night was just plain brutal.

Went swimming again today, which was great - exactly what was needed and very refreshing - the lake out here is great, and the water is the perfect temperature. Unfortunately we had to wait for awhile as all of the campers arrived today and had to have their swimming evaluation in order to receive a yellow wristband, which entitles them to use the deep part of the swimming area. Staff had to be evaluated as well, but I never did, so instead I signed a "Death Waiver". The way I figure, I'm going to go swimming either way, and if I die it really makes no difference whether I am wearing a yellow wristband or not.

The music went fairly well today - we played three times, once in the morning, for the staff, then in the afternoon, mercifully in the shade, while the campers were arriving. It was unplugged so I just sang and "played" the tambourine. Then we played again for the evening chapel. That doesn't include our 2 or 3 practices, however. I have to say that as hot as it might get in SPC on sunday mornings I have never felt heat like this while playing. I was worried for a few minutes that I might lose it, as I was sweating and just feeling overall not very good, but I made it through. Then I had diharrea afterwards. Yum!

Anyway, everyone is proving to pretty nice and in some cases super nice. The two music team people that I didn't know very well before are great and we are all getting along well and playing well together.

Did I mention that the food around here is really, really good? Last night we had turkey dinner, this morning eggs, sausage, bacon, etc, for lunch it was sandwiches and various forms of salad and for dinner it was spaghetti, caesar salad and foccacia bread. I'm liking it.

Well that's all I have to report for now.

No comments: