Sunday, July 23, 2006

Camp Journal : Day Two (Part 1)

As predicted, sleeping was a bit of a pain. I swear the temperature around here was only marginally lower when I went to bed than it was during the day, and my cheap-o Wal-Mart itchy-blanket and sweaty-pillow certainly didn't help much. That combined with the rubber "mattress" and the fact that our door was open with red light from the nearby 'Exit' sign made falling asleep a tricky endeavour at best. I was worried at first that the loud fan noise coming from across the hall would also be a problem, but the giant fan (we all had our doors open) mercifully shunted some air our way, and I think the white noise helped somewhat.

In any case, here I am, showered and en-spikened, looking out over a beautifully serene lake surrounded by wooded mountains with the melodic sound of "John the Revelator", as sung by Dan, echoing out of the Alder Grove Room behind me. Life could be a lot worse.

Did I mention that the food around here is pretty good? We had turkey dinner last night with mashed potatoes, stuffing and two different kinds of salad, and apple crumble with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Yeah, I'm really suffering, seriously.

:)

1 comment:

~WandererShe~ said...

I am glad you are having fun :D